Principles and Methods of Teaching-Learning
A. INSTRUCTION. One of the requirements of this course is to complete 1 writing assignment per semester. Attached in this packet are the guidelines, instructions, and due dates for the assignments. Please keep the following expectations in mind:
- Each assignment is worth 100 points.
- Read instructions carefully and be sure to complete all aspects of the assignments.
- Be thorough and complete in your work. Simple “yes/no” answers or “I agree” comments are not sufficient.
- The assignment was developed to correspond to chapters/topics we will be studying throughout the term. You will get the most out of the assignments if they are done while – or shortly after – we study a particular topic/chapter. Therefore, you will need to turn in your work by the deadlines designated in your syllabus and on the assignment sheet. No late assignments will be accepted.
- All written assignments must be typed and double-spaced.
- Please use APA rules of citation.
- The deadline of submission is on 10 April 2018.
- Only hard copy of the assignment will be accepted.
NOTE: You can download the assignment pack here.
B. HOW WILL YOUR ASSIGNMENTS BE GRADED
Each of your assignments is worth 100 points and will generally be graded by the following criteria:
- Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
- Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
- Adherence to the written instructions
- Spelling and grammar
C. ASSIGNMENT (Movie Analysis)
PURPOSE: This assignment is related to lectures 2-5 of the Principles & Methods of Teaching - Learning. It is intended to understand and address the behavior of students who do everything in their power to get an A+ mark. Before you begin, you need to read any book pertaining to marks, measurement & evaluation and psychology of teaching and learning.
Type/Length of activity: Movie analysis
PROCEDURES & CONTENT Gather Data:
Watch the movie, Dismissed and address the following:
- What audience is targeted by the piece?
- What is the main point(s) or the main plot of the piece?
- How does the piece capture the essence of Teachinng and Learning and address or analyze what the professor did with the student to address his concern and discuss how you could have dealt with him if you are the professor.
- Introduce the topic on the Principles of Teaching and Learning.
- Summarize the main points or the plot of the piece.
- Evaluate the situation of the professor and the student then justify your actions if you take the role of the professor in the movie.
- Conclude with a consideration of how such music or literature helps adolescents understand and/or work out their identity crisis
- A paper about 4 pages long
- The paper must contain the following sections:
- Typed, double spaced, with 1 inch margins
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors – and indent paragraphs
- Provide in-text citations and reference any sources using APA format