Psychology Assignment No.1
Due by Date: 5th December 2019
A. PSYCHOLOGY - Writing Assignment
One of the requirements of this course is to complete one (1) writing assignment per semester. Attached in this packet are the guidelines, instructions, and due dates for the assignments. Please keep the following expectations in mind:
- Each assignment is worth 100 points.
- Read instructions carefully and be sure to complete all aspects of the assignments.
- The assignment was developed to correspond to chapters/topics we will be studying throughout the term. You will get the most out of the assignments if they are done while – or shortly after – we study a particular topic/chapter. Therefore, you will need to turn in your work by the deadlines designated in your syllabus and on the assignment sheet. No late assignments will be accepted.
- All written assignments must be typed and double-spaced.
- Please use APA rules of citation.
- The deadline of submission is on 5 December 2019.
- Only hard copy of the assignment will be accepted.
B. HOW WILL YOUR ASSIGNMENTS BE GRADED
Each of your assignments is worth 100 points and will generally be graded by the following criteria:
- Demonstration of critical thinking, scholarship, and ability to connect and apply the material
- Comprehensiveness and completeness of your responses
- Adherence to the written instructions
- Spelling and grammar
- Originality The assignment must be original. It must pass through a plagiarism check. The acceptable standard is 30% similarity index 30
- Assignment Title Select a topic for your discussion 5
- Introduction It must contain the relevance of the assignment with the course. 15
- Discussion Discuss main points. This part must contain 1500 – 2500 words 40
- Conclusion It must contain summary and recommendations. This part must contain 100-200 words. 10
D. ASSIGNMENT (Reflection Paper)
D.1. PURPOSE: This assignment is related to all the topics of psychology. It is intended to understand and address the need of the students in understanding and relating the patients, themselves
and other people in the workplace or at home.
D.2. Type/Length of activity: Informal or formal essay
D.3. PROCEDURES & CONTENT Gather Data:
Write a reflective essay on the importance of psychology to nursing practice. You can pick any topic from different chapters to discuss and relate that to nursing.
- Select a title of your choice that reflects the importance of psychology to nursing.
- Introduce the topic in the context of psychology.
- Make a formal or informal discussion about your topic
- Make a conclusion
E. ASSIGNMENT FORMAT:
- A paper about 4 pages long
- The paper must contain the following sections:
Typed, double spaced, with 1 inch marginsProofread for spelling and grammatical errors – and indent paragraphsProvide in-text citations and reference any sources using APA format
- References if there is any