a. "How are dreams achieved?"b. "What does it mean to be fulfilled?"c. "What is a fulfilling life?”
- Complete in-class activities prior to completing your project (graphic organizers, Socratic/fishbowl discussions, small-group discussions/analysis, discussion forums, journal writing, reading log) - if assignments are not submitted on time, you will be penalized. Assignments more than a day late (unexcused) will not be accepted- you simply being “absent” is not an excuse.
- The multimedia project presentations will be a maximum of 5 minutes in length (3 minutes for the video, 2 minutes for your lecture/speech).
- The video must include a minimum of 20 (high quality) still pictures and/or video clips
- Your photos/videos should be of you and your family or friends and/or photos that capture the overall theme (lessons learned) of your project.
- You must include two audio components in your video - your music soundtrack and a voice recording that details some of the lessons you have learned.
- Captions or quotes should be included in most, if not all, of your slides - these captions will need to be submitted to your digital portfolio via DVD medium.
- A copy of the lyrics and the justifications to your “Soundtrack of Life” need to also be digitally submitted.
- Five hundred (500) words Reflection Paper (Your lecture). Typed, 12-pt font, Times New Roman, Double Spaced and with an Original Title. NOTE: The 500 word Written Reflection (Your lecture) - Type a paper giving your “last lecture.” This is not necessarily a “formal essay;” however, please make sure your paper is clear, pays attention to grammar conventions, and has an organizational sense about it. Your assignment is to write about what your dreams are and how you have demonstrated resiliency, determination, and empathy despite the obstacles you may have encountered during your high school years (if you have not encountered any obstacles and/or hardships, think about the ones you may potentially face moving forward in your educational journey or career). Make sure you are comfortable with sharing/speaking about the personal issues you write about because this will be the 2-minute lecture you will give in class. Be sure to include what you hope for those around you—your family, friends, and other relationships. Use Pausch’s speech as a model of what words of wisdom you could leave to the aforementioned people.
- Components of the assignment need to be submitted via the www.ifeet.org submission portal.
- If you have any questions or if you are not clear about the assignment, ask for help prior to the deadline.